Unoccupied Property Insurance

We understand that not everybody has a property that is occupied, for one reason or another and because of this; we are able to assist you insuring your unoccupied property.

Even if you are purchasing as unoccupied and carrying out what you consider to be a few updates or light decoration, without notifying the insurers prior to starting the insurance, you will probably be invalidating the policy, meaning you could be paying for no insurance cover.

We can offer cover for various types of properties, including private & commercial, such as:

  • Houses
  • Blocks of flats
  • Offices
  • Public Houses
  • Shops
  • Warehouses

We have schemes that can offer an array of different cover, dependent upon your requirements and can provide quotes for 3, 6 or 12 months on the following:

  • Unoccupied with outstanding claims
  • Unoccupied pending planning consent
  • Unoccupied undergoing/to undergo renovation refurbishment before letting
  • Unoccupied undergoing/to undergo renovation refurbishment before going up for sale
  • Unoccupied for heavy refurbishment
  • Unoccupied for sale
  • Unoccupied to be let

It could be a simple case of light renovation or decoration prior to letting or more detailed works, such as taking out load bearing walls, doing a loft conversion or putting on an extension.

Be it any of these scenarios, JPR Insurance Brokers have vast experience in dealing with such cases and have insurers who have insurance policies, which have been made purposely for this bespoke type of risk.